Document need to ride in Japan.

Countries which need an International Driving Permit(IDP)

If your country has ratified the Geneva Convention, you can ride in Japan with an International Driving Permit (IDP) , home country’s driver’s license and passport.

The list of countries that have ratified the Geneva Convention is below.

Countries which need an official Japanese translation instead of the IDP

Citizens of the six countries listed below must obtain an official Japanese translation of their home country’s driver’s license in order to drive in Japan.
While driving, you have to carry translated documents, home country’s driver’s license, and passport.

You need to request a translation from an official agency in your country. You can also request the translation at Japanese Automobile Federation (JAF). Requests may be sent to JAF when being already in Japan, but the procedures may take more time than expected so please make sure to send your request in a proper amount of time to get your translation before your rental.

  1. Belgium
  2. France
  3. Germany
  4. Monaco
  5. Swiss
  6. Taiwan

Make your booking from here.